For over three decades, we have been advising employers and boards, as well as individual executives, owners and directors facing employment-related challenges and opportunities. As our clients have told Chambers USA, we are “trusted advisors” who have "encyclopedic knowledge" of employment laws. But, even more importantly, we anticipate and consider the business sensitivities raised by challenging executive transitions and executive and owner disputes. We help employers and boards, and executives, owners and directors make informed and fair decisions that minimize their risks and liability and appropriately consider broader economic and business considerations.
We help our clients:
- Conduct effective and independent internal investigations of complaints and disputes involving executives and board members.
- Develop compliant executive and equity agreements and related policies.
- Develop tailored confidentiality and IP agreements and policies and post-employment restrictive covenants.
- Perform pay-equity audits of their workforce.
- Conduct effective due diligence and draft employment-related agreements for mergers and acquisitions.
- Properly identify and manage independent contractors and contingent workers.
- Maintain compliance with the additional employment-related obligations of regulated industries, including government contractors and publicly traded companies.
- Representing UK-based executive after go-private transaction, resulting in the payment of over $8 million in severance, bonuses and value of equity.
- Represented C-Suite executive of one of the world's largest banks negotiate an exit package involving substantial severance and equity.
- Investigated and resolved sexual harassment allegations of a female Senior Vice President of a major non-profit in Florida who threatened to report false allegations to the media and Congress. Her claims were successfully resolved after the investigation revealed that the SVP had colluded with another executive to concoct and assert false claims to extort from the organization.
- Represented C-suite executive of investment and brokerage firm in post-change in control transition that resulted in payments and equity totaling over $8 million.
- Represented six senior executives (individually) of a large Atlanta-based company who were terminated or resigned in connection with acquisitions and restructurings.
- Negotiated on behalf of seven senior executives of one of the largest federal contractors substantial separation and equity packages in connection with restructurings and individual separations.
- Represented several ex-pats based in Germany and the UK in resolving tax equalization and equity disputes.
- Represented international private property developer in litigation challenging distribution of partnership proceeds for multi-family housing developments.
- Represented a group of executives in the US and Middle East of a large, publicly traded government contractor in negotiations concerning their terminations in connection with an ERISA-regulated severance plan adopted following an acquisition.