For over three decades, we have been advising employers, executives and owners facing employment-related challenges and opportunities. As our clients have told Chambers USA, we have “encyclopedic knowledge” of employment laws. But, even more importantly, we anticipate and consider the business sensitivities raised by challenging executive employment transitions and disputes. We help employers, executives and boards make informed and fair decisions that minimize their risks and liability and maximize opportunity.
We help our clients:
- Conduct effective and fair internal investigations.
- Develop compliant workplace-related agreements and policies.
- Protect their trade secrets and develop effective, tailored restrictive covenants.
- Perform pay-equity audits of their workforce.
- Conduct effective due diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
- Properly identify and manage independent contractors and contingent workers.
- Prosecuting claims on behalf of former President and CEO of California-based logistics company against former employer alleging breach of equity agreements, acquisition agreements, and retention and employment agreements.
- Representing UK-based executive after go-private transaction, resulting in the payment of over $8 million in severance, bonuses and value of equity.
- Investigated and resolved sexual harassment allegations of a female Senior Vice President of a major non-profit in Florida who threatened to report false allegations to the media and Congress. Her claims were successfully resolved after the investigation revealed that the SVP had colluded with another executive to concoct and assert false claims to extort from the organization.
- Represented C-Suite executive of investment and brokerage firm in post-change in control transition that resulting in payments totaling over $5 million.
- Represented six executives (individually) of a large Atlanta-based company who were terminated or resigned in connection with acquisitions and restructurings.
- Represented international private property developer in litigation in Dallas, Texas in litigation challenging distribution of partnership proceeds for multi-family housing developments.
- Represented a group of executives in the US and Middle East of a large, publicly-traded government contractor in negotiations concerning their terminations in connection with an ERISA-regulated severance plan adopted following an acquisition.